Chances are that you are an Independent Contractor, but do you know what that means. First, let’s confirm.
There are 6 factors that comprise the test to determine if you are an independent contractor. They are:
- The nature and degree of the potential employer’s control;
- The permanency of the worker’s relationship with the hiring business;
- The amount of the worker’s investment in the facilities, equipment or helpers;
- The amount of skill, initiative, judgment, or foresight required for the worker’s services;
- The worker’s opportunities for profit or loss; and
- The extent of integration of the worker’s services into the potential employer’s business.
Your responses will determine if you are an Independent Contractor and if you are, GET READY! Being an independent contractor means you are in business for yourself and you need to be set up as one. To get the steps you need to take, contact our office here and we can help you navigate the process.